- September 2, 2008LocallyCompared, QBurst customer, launches locallycompared.com. LocallyCompared is a great way of finding businesses in the UK. It is the place to make the most informed decisions about local businesses online.Small to medium size companies that service a particular geographical market are looking for ways to increase their exposure at low cost. LocallyCompared offers businesses with free advertising on a number of local websites with the option of paid listings for businesses that have embraced the concept of paid online advertising and wish to get more inquiries through the Internet. The site has 2 million business listings, 11,000 of which are highly detailed, giving users information on the services the company offers, prices, opening hours, maps, events, frequently asked questions, special offers and insightful reviews. LocallyCompared owns over 200 domain names. Once a business has added their presence to LocallyCompared, the business can then be located in the parent site. i.e., http://www.locallycompared.com, as well as in their satellite sites, if the applicable domains are available. For example, a plumber in Sheffield would be advertised on www.locallycompared.com, www.locallysheffield.co.uk and www.plumbersinsheffield.co.uk.The underlying technologies that have been used for the LocallyCompared website are Lucene, CakePHP, MySQL and Ajax.Lucene is a powerful and elegant library for full-text indexing and searching in Java.You can use Lucene to provide consistent full-text indexing across both database objects and documents in various formats (Microsoft Office documents, PDF, HTML, text, and so on).CakePHP is a free, open-source, rapid development framework for PHP that provides an extensible architecture for developing, maintaining, and deploying applications. Using commonly known design patterns like MVC and ORM and using the convention-over-configuration paradigm, CakePHP reduces development costs by making developers write less code. It enables developers to work in a structured and rapid manner without loss of flexibility.
- August 9, 2008SleepManage, based in Columbia, South Carolina, engages QBurst to automate their workflows. SleepManage manages several sleep laboratories in South-East USA. QBurst’s solution would connect the sleep labs to the scorer, physician and the billing company through a web application.
- July 28, 2008Clearspring engages QBurst for testing services. Clearspring is a pioneer and leader in Internet widget distribution and tracking space. QBurst plans on automating the testing process to reduce the testing cycle time. This will in turn allow the build and release cycles to get shorter as developers start getting immediate feedback.
- July 16, 2008Talent-on-View, an innovative site meant for recruiting agencies, launches. The site enables recruiters to capture the initial interview with the candidate on video and forward to their clients through email. The client then decides who to call for the final interview. A very useful and innovative solution to the recruitment industry! The site uses Flash to record and stream video to the server.
- Cloud Enablement Data & AI Digitalization End-to-End Digital Marketing SaaS
- Retail Productivity Healthcare Hospitality Cross-Industry App Development Testing & Monitoring
Cloud Enablement Cloud Consulting Cloud-Native Apps Cloud Migration Strategies Cloud Migration Services Cloud Monitoring Cloud Security Posture AWS Cloud Cost Optimization Azure GCP App Engine Private Cloud
Data & AI Overview Data Science Data Engineering Big Data Processing Data Storage Data Management Data Visualization Machine Learning Video Analytics Artificial Intelligence Robotic Process Automation Computer Vision
Digitalization Mobility Extended Reality Web Development Internet of Things Blockchain Chatbots RTLS CRM eLearning Portals eCommerce Sites Intelligent Document Processing Product Information Management EAM
End-to-End Microservice Architecture UX/UI Design DevOps QA Automation Cybersecurity Performance Monitoring Frontend Monitoring API Management Compliance Consulting
Digital Marketing Overview Marketing Automation Analytics Paid Advertising SEO Social Media Content Marketing
Productivity Notification AppNotification Builder KeverProject Management Tool QuickPicksSalesforce Widget
Hospitality TalQCall Accounting System
Cross-Industry SeeMyMachinesIIoT Solution
App Development Open Source WorksShared with the community