- September 5, 2008MedActivus, a startup whose vision is providing innovative mobile solutions to the healthcare sector, engages QBurst to develop their first product. The product will act as a mobile extension to existing Practice Management Systems. Physicians would be able to see their schedule, appointments etc on their 3G mobiles. They would be able to get patient information on their mobile phones when they are outside their clinics and doing hospital rounds and procedures. They will be able to update the patient record with illness and treatment information. QBurst will initially develop the application for HTC TouchDiamond Windows Mobile phone, and there are plans to port the app to iPhone and Android. The app is architected to work offline inside hospital premises where a data connection may not be available.
- September 5, 2008SmartTouch launches their mobile product at TechCrunch in San Francisco. QBurst has been closely involved in the development of this product, which provides a GUI interface for SMS short-codes. If you happen to have a Windows Mobile Smartphone or PocketPC, you can download the beta version of the software. The application will be available on more phones (iPhone and Android) in the near future, along with on Facebook and MySpace. Read the TechCrunch news.
- September 5, 2008QBurst sets up office in the USA. The new office is located in Jermantown Road, Fairfax, Virginia. The US company is a subsidiary of QBurst Technologies Private Limited, India. Binny Cherian, owner and President of CT Solutions, is a director and partner in the new subsidiary. Binny brings in 12 years of business experience in the IT consulting industry to QBurst.
- September 2, 2008LocallyCompared, QBurst customer, launches locallycompared.com. LocallyCompared is a great way of finding businesses in the UK. It is the place to make the most informed decisions about local businesses online.Small to medium size companies that service a particular geographical market are looking for ways to increase their exposure at low cost. LocallyCompared offers businesses with free advertising on a number of local websites with the option of paid listings for businesses that have embraced the concept of paid online advertising and wish to get more inquiries through the Internet. The site has 2 million business listings, 11,000 of which are highly detailed, giving users information on the services the company offers, prices, opening hours, maps, events, frequently asked questions, special offers and insightful reviews. LocallyCompared owns over 200 domain names. Once a business has added their presence to LocallyCompared, the business can then be located in the parent site. i.e., http://www.locallycompared.com, as well as in their satellite sites, if the applicable domains are available. For example, a plumber in Sheffield would be advertised on www.locallycompared.com, www.locallysheffield.co.uk and www.plumbersinsheffield.co.uk.The underlying technologies that have been used for the LocallyCompared website are Lucene, CakePHP, MySQL and Ajax.Lucene is a powerful and elegant library for full-text indexing and searching in Java.You can use Lucene to provide consistent full-text indexing across both database objects and documents in various formats (Microsoft Office documents, PDF, HTML, text, and so on).CakePHP is a free, open-source, rapid development framework for PHP that provides an extensible architecture for developing, maintaining, and deploying applications. Using commonly known design patterns like MVC and ORM and using the convention-over-configuration paradigm, CakePHP reduces development costs by making developers write less code. It enables developers to work in a structured and rapid manner without loss of flexibility.
- Cloud Enablement Data & AI Digitalization End-to-End SaaS
Cloud Enablement Cloud Consulting Cloud Migration Services Cloud Migration Strategies Cloud Security Posture Cloud Monitoring Cloud Cost Optimization AWS GCP Azure Private Cloud App Engine
Data & AI Overview Data Science Data Engineering Big Data Processing Data Storage Data Management Data Visualization Machine Learning Video Analytics Artificial Intelligence Robotic Process Automation Computer Vision
Digitalization Cloud-Native Apps Mobility Web Development Web Frontends Blockchain Internet of Things RTLS eCommerce Sites eLearning Portals Chatbots ECM Product Information Management
End-to-End Microservice Architecture UX/UI Design DevOps QA Automation Cybersecurity Performance Monitoring Digital Marketing API Management Frontend Monitoring Compliance Consulting